How are the free allowances allocated?
Free allowances are allocated proportionally to an airline's share in the total payload in 2010 expressed in tonne-kilometers
- TKAirlineX is the total number of tonne-kilometers produced by Airline X in 2010 on all flights covered by the ETS.
- TKTotal is the total number of tonne-kilometers produced by all airlines in 2010 on all flights covered by the ETS.
- 85% and 97% are respectively the proportion of free allowances and the 2012 cap.
- Baseline is the average 2004-2006 emissions as calculated by the EC (around 210-220 million tonnes).
- Nb of pax is the total number of passengers excluding crew.
- Weight is the weight of the passenger and his baggage according to the mass and balance documentation or a standard 100 kg / pax.
- Freight is the actual weight of freight and mail carried.
- Distance is the Global Circle Distance (GCD) between the two airports + 95 km.