Verifavia CEO to speak on EU ETS / Global MBM and Maritime Transport at the Platts conference in Brussels
Julien Dufour, CEO of Verifavia, will participate in a panel on EU ETS and Global MBM and will also speak on the Shipping MRV proposal at the 6th Annual European Emissions Markets conference in Brussels on Monday 29 September at the Marriott Brussels.
10:05 - 10:45: Panel discussion: Aviation – ‘Stop the clock’ proposals, consequences and impacts
- Assessing aviation’s inclusion in the EU ETS to date
- What best practice market carbon strategies are airlines employing?
- Update on an international agreement by and post-2020 – what are the options and what
- would they mean for the aviation sector?
- Is the uncertainty affecting the aviation market and what can the industry do to effectively
- manage transition up to 2020?
- Examining the latest developments for ICAO’s global market based measure (MBM) scheme
Andy Kershaw, Manager, Environment Policy, British Airways
Julien Dufour, CEO, Verifavia
Bill Hemmings, Aviation Manager, Transport & Environment
Valdimar Bjornsson, CFO, Primera Air
Ismael Aznar-Cano, Seconded National Expert at DG Climate Action, European Commission
Moderated by Miles Austin, Executive Director, Climate Markets & Investment Association (CMIA)
11:55 - 12:15: The shipping perspective, Julien Dufour, CEO, Verifavia SARL & Verifavia (UK)
Julien Dufour will also participate in a panel on EU ETS in the morning.
> Download Verifavia slides on shipping
> Go to the conference website
> Download the Agenda Back to all Verifavia News