Airport Carbon Training
Verifavia proposes an Airport Carbon course. The objective of the course is to gain a good level of understanding of the different practices to reduce airport carbon footprint and evaluate their pros and cons. And to help participants with their Airport Carbon Accreditation procedures.
Innovative ways to reduce airport carbon footprint
- Existing carbon footprint reporting methodologies
- Airport emissions sources (scope 1, 2 & 3)
- Methods to reduce carbon footprint (use of renewable energy, low carbon technologies)
- External carbon footprint reduction methodologies (offset credits)
- Case studies: evaluation of different practices in terms of carbon footprint reduction and costs expenditures and savings applied to a particular site
- Sustaining carbon footprint reduction: the challenges ahead and latest innovations
This course will benefit Airport operators willing to optimize their carbon footprint and reduce their energy costs, or anybody interested in understanding the various existing options to reduce airport carbon footprint
What participants can expect to learn from this course
- Understand the pros and cons of various low carbon technologies suitable for airports
- Identify non-technical solutions to reduce carbon footprint
- Be able to identify the most suitable method of carbon footprint reduction for your airport
The training is organized around sessions of course (with questions from trainees encouraged) and workshops (simple exercises) based on real life examples. Case studies are also presented in order to base the training on concrete grounds. The trainees contribute to a simple case study to apply the skills gained. A priority is to
maximize the interactions between trainer and trainees.