Aviation Carbon 2013 - EU ETS Compliance and Prospects for a Global Scheme
Following the tremendous success of Aviation Carbon 2012, which attracted over 300 delegates from 62 countries including representatives from 110 airlines and business jet operators, the date for Aviation Carbon 2013 is now set for February 19-20.
Aviation Carbon 2012 was the first time the aviation industry had met with the carbon sector in a major forum to discuss and learn about carbon trading.
Just ten weeks ahead of the April 30 compliance deadline for operators to surrender allowances to meet their EU ETS obligations, Aviation Carbon 2013 is timed perfectly to allow aircraft operators to be brought up to speed on the EU ETS international impasse and at the same time receive practical advice and up-to-date information on administrative issues and trading in the carbon markets.
As the EU ETS reaches a critical stage, 2013 will also likely prove to be a landmark year as efforts towards a global carbon scheme gather pace at ICAO. Aviation Carbon 2013 will inform delegates on progress and what a scheme might look like.
Aviation Carbon 2013 will consist of panel sessions and side events that bring together recognised experts on the following topics:
- EU ETS and the international political impasse
- Update on carbon markets
- Auctions & auction platforms
- Meet with Competent Authorities
- Trading strategies for airlines
- Trading strategies for small emitters
- Carbon trading experience from airlines
- KYC & credit risk procedures
- Registries & Phase III regulations
- Prospects for an ICAO global MBM scheme
- Briefing on aviation biofuelsCarbon offsetting
Back to all Verifavia News